Constipation is caused by the pregnancy hormone, progesterone. These hormones relax the digestive system and slows digestion, so the constipation became a common complaint. This condition will worsen if you are already experienced it before pregnancy or when you’re taking iron supplements.
Prevention of Constipation:
1. Drinking. Drink lots of water and fruit juice. But avoid tea and coffee, as it makes frequent urination which can lead to dehydration.
2. Fibrous Foods. Fresh fruit, vegetables and wheat are important food sources for you.
3. Avoid Junk Food. Avoid sweet foods which can clog your digestive system.
4. Mild Exercise. Walking and swimming would help keep the circulation going well.
5. Do not hurry. Slow down if you’re defecating and do not push
6. Natural Ingredients. The herbalist recommends root tea and dandelion to maintain bowel regularity.
Is it dangerous?
Visit your doctor if you feel very uncomfortable or feel bloated, headaches, cramps in the stomach, vomiting or unable to defecate than a week. This could be a sign of disorders of the colon, which requires immediate handling.